History of Jur

The Jur novels came about during slow night shifts in France. Around 1965 I was a squad leader for a bunch of Army MPs in Southern France. At night, while working the desk and my patrols were keeping law and order, to pass the time I created plots and characters attempting to write fiction. Nothing became of my interest in writing until 1970, after a tour in the jungle of Vietnam, and those plots came back to me. I wrote the first two novels during that year, and sent the first to publishers. Basically, my main characters were an Army Green Beret and a French archaeologist, who accidentally fall through a time tunnel to the Jurassic Period. When the first novel didn’t go anywhere I set the manuscripts aside. James Reasoner suggested I change the Green Beret and set the beginning after the Stock Market Crash of ’29. The rest is history. The sequence of the novels are: “Jur: A Story of Pre Dawn Earth”, “Savage Land of Jur”, “Lost Land of Jur”, “Queen of Jur”, “Treasure of Jur”, and “Drums of Jur”. "Pangaea: Eden's Planet" actually takes place in the Permian Period, prior to the Jurassic, but it is the story that truly begins the JUR series.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Treasure of Jur


In Tom Johnson’s “Treasure of Jur”, the 5th novel in the popular Jur saga, Nazi Germany has found a time portal giving them access to the treasures of a prehistoric land. But even with superior weapons, Hitler’s supermen may not win through to the ultimate prize. Jungle excitement and thrills await the reader in this current tale of greed and murder in a savage pre-dawn world.

Published by Fading Shadows as a paperback in 2013, available from the author for $12.95 at fadingshadows40@gmail.com Also available on Kindle for $2.99.

4 comments:

  1. Tom, I like the Treasure cover with the tiger, best. FWIW. Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jonathan, appreciate the comment. Treasure has received a lot of nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Savage Land of Jur. That creature reminds me of my city's legendary Piasa Bird.

    ReplyDelete